plan your visit
farm winery • craft brewery • kitchen
*Updated July 3, 2020. As our operations adapt and grow, please check back to this page for the most up-to-date information*
Our operations will continue with no change through phase three.
We invite you back to the Reserve to experience the charm of the southern Albemarle countryside and the hospitality which you have come to expect from Mount Ida. Your safety is our number one priority.
Monday – Thursday, Bar offerings only, 12:00 – 6:00 pm
Friday – Saturday, Bar offerings and Kitchen open, 12:00 – 7:00 pm
Sunday, Bar offerings and Kitchen open, 12:00 – 6:00 pm
(Last call for kitchen and bar is a half hour prior to closing)
social distancing at mount ida
– In accordance with by VA law, a mask is required to enter the Tasting Room. Though not required at your table as you dine, they must be worn as you move about the Tasting Room. Masks are required for both children and adults.
– Our Portico, lawn, terraces, and indoor dining spaces will be open for your enjoyment. Our bars are not yet open and we are not currently offering wine tastings.
– Dining under our covered portico, inside, and on our patios is limited to adults 21+. Children and minors are not permitted in these spaces but may enjoy the lawn past the wall.
– To keep up with proper sanitation and spacing, check in with our host to be seated. Please do not self-seat.
– We’re offering our most popular plates on Friday- Sunday. Stay posted as we expand our menu offerings!
– We will be seating guests to dine with us inside, under our covered Portico or on our patios and lawns.
– For the time being, our provisions will be served picnic-style. After you place an order at our host stand, someone from our team will bring over your goodies packed up with single use dining and drink ware.
– Outside food and coolers are not permitted. This includes birthday cakes.
– We are not currently offering wine tastings or wine and beer flights
– Enjoy our craft beer and hard seltzer by the glass and wine by the bottle seven days a week.
– We now have our Bell Mount Rosé and Moonlight White available by the glass!
– Our beer is also available by the crolwer or growler to go!
– Reservations are not required
– Reservations are available for groups 8-10 guests. Your party will be seated under the portico or inside.
– As we are operating at a 50% capacity, we can not guarantee an inside space if requested, but we will try our best to accommodate.
– The Portico and inside spaces are limited to guests 21 and older and all members of your reservation party must be at least 21.
– We do not take day-of reservations.
– Reservations may be made by calling 434-286-4282
– A credit card is required to take all reservations. Groups who do not show up or cancel within 24 hours are subject to cancelation fees
– Our reservations are for two-hour time slots.
frequently asked questions
Q: Are dogs allowed?
A: Yes- we allow leashed dogs outside on our lawn (past the wall) only.
Q: Is the Tasting Room & Taphouse child-friendly?
A: Yes- families with children are welcome to enjoy our lawn beyond the wall.
Q: We would like to designate a driver- can we catch an Uber or Lyft home?
A: Mount Ida Farm & Vineyard is just that– a farm. Given our rural location, Uber and Lyft can get you here from town but can’t get you home. We recommend planning ahead with one of Chalottesville’s many taxi companies.
Try one of our partner transportation services!
Reliable Rides 434-962-7484 | www.reliableridesva.com
Mario’s Cab Service 434-989-9796
Charlottesville Transportation & Taxi 434-466-8465
Aberdare Transit 434-227-9933