plan your visit
farm winery • craft brewery • kitchen
*Updated May 26, 2020. As our operations adapt and grow, please check back to this page for the most up-to-date information*
We invite you back to the Reserve to experience the charm of the southern Albemarle countryside and the hospitality which you have come to expect from Mount Ida. Your safety is our number one priority.
Monday – Thursday, Bar offerings only, 12:00 – 6:00 pm
Friday – Saturday, Bar offerings and Kitchen open, 12:00 – 7:00 pm
Sunday, Bar offerings and Kitchen open, 12:00 – 6:00 pm
(Last call for kitchen and bar is a half hour prior to closing)
social distancing at mount ida
– In accordance with by VA law, a mask is required to enter the Tasting Room.
– Our Portico, lawn, and terraces will be open for your enjoyment. Our bar spaces and indoor dining spaces are not currently available for public use. Because of this, we are not currently offering wine tastings.
– Dining under our covered portico is limited to adults 21+. Children and minors are not permitted under our portico, patios, or terraces though may enjoy the lawn past the wall.
– Parties are limited to no more than ten guests. We do not allow our furniture to be moved.
– To keep up with proper sanitation and spacing, check in with our host to be seated. Please do not self-seat.
– Water is available to purchase as we can no longer use our table carafes. You are welcome to bring your own water.
– We’re offering our most popular plates on Friday- Sunday. Stay posted as we expand our menu offerings!
– We will be seating guests to dine with us under our covered Portico or on our patios and lawns.
– For the time being, our provisions will be served picnic-style. After you place an order at our host stand, someone from our team will bring over your goodies packed up with single use dining and drink ware.
– Outside food and coolers are not permitted. This includes birthday cakes for the time being.
– We are not currently offering wine tastings or wine and beer flights
– Enjoy our craft beer and hard seltzer by the glass and wine by the bottle seven days a week.
– We now have our Bell Mount Rosé and Moonlight White available by the glass!
– Our beer is also available by the crolwer or growler to go!
– Reservations are not required
– Reservations are available for groups 8-10 guests. Your party will be seated under the portico.
– The Portico is limited to guests 21 and older and all members of your reservation party must be at least 21.
– We do not take day-of reservations.
– Reservations may be made by calling 434-286-4282
– A credit card is required to take all reservations. Groups who do not show up or cancel within 24 hours are subject to cancelation fees
– Our reservations are for two-hour time slots.
frequently asked questions
Q: Are dogs allowed?
A: Yes- we allow leashed dogs outside on our lawn (past the wall) only.
Q: Is the Tasting Room & Taphouse child-friendly?
A: Yes- families with children are welcome to enjoy our lawn beyond the wall.
Q: We would like to designate a driver- can we catch an Uber or Lyft home?
A: Mount Ida Farm & Vineyard is just that– a farm. Given our rural location, Uber and Lyft can get you here from town but can’t get you home. We recommend planning ahead with one of Chalottesville’s many taxi companies.
Try one of our partner transportation services!
Reliable Rides 434-962-7484
Mario’s Cab Service 434-989-9796
Charlottesville Transportation & Taxi 434-466-8465
Aberdare Transit 434-227-9933